Each month, The Business Monthly features articles on topics of interest to the business community. If you would like to submit an article for consideration, contact our office at 410-740-7300 or email@example.com. Remember, we welcome news items and press releases that may be specific to your company.
Please Note Our Style Guidelines
- The deadline for submitting articles and releases:
Main Section - 15th of month prior to publication date
Special Section - 3rd of month prior to publication date
- Publication release date is the first Tuesday each month
- We will consider all submitted articles, but may not necessarily publish them.
- Articles must be specific to your topic, and not specific to your company – they may not be self-serving.
- Article length should be approximately 500 to 900 words.
- Include a one- or two-sentence bio at the end of the article stating your name, title, company and contact information (phone number or e-mail address). Remember to proofread the entire document when it is finished.
- Articles must be e-mailed in a Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use straight copy only with tabs – no boldface, italics, underlining, caps or typographical variants of any kind
- No handwritten or faxed materials accepted
- A photograph of the author should be included. Note the author’s name in the e-mail
- Graphics should be in JPG or TIF formats only
Press Release Guidelines
We Want Your Press Releases! Here’s How To Get Free P.R.
The Business Monthly, the business newspaper of Howard County, the BWI Business District and Northern Anne Arundel County is seeking your press releases.
We want to inform the business community of your company’s successes and accomplishments, introduce new and newly promoted employees and help you gain additional recognition from your colleagues and potential clients.
We are also looking for interesting and informative articles. If you are interested in writing non-self-serving articles about your area of expertise in business, on industry trends or other issues that would be of interest to the business community, we invite you to submit an article (see guidelines).
The Business Monthly reaches more than 75,000 readers. Your press releases and articles are printed free of charge. What better way to expand your company’s horizons?
E-mail your press releases to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing about your organization.
NOTE: We will consider all submitted press releases and articles but cannot guarantee that they will be published nor the publication date.