The Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) officials announced that the system will reopen for walk-in service starting Monday, April 12.
Starting April 12, library hours will increase to 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays; from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and from 1-5 pm on Sundays at eight locations. Sunday hours run from September – May at the Busch Annapolis, Crofton, Discoveries: The Library at the Mall, Glen Burnie, Maryland City at Russett, Odenton, Severn and Severna Park locations. Curbside pickup service will run throughout library operating hours.
AACPL staff have provided online, curbside and appointment service since the pandemic began last March. Safety protocols remain in place at the library. They include;
- A mask is required for all customers over the age of two regardless of vaccine status; free masks are available while supplies last
- Capacity limits are in place for each library location
- A reduced number of public computers will be available
- The Odenton Library Creation Station and Computer Lab remain closed
- Printing of 10 free black and white pages per day remains available.
- No print newspapers are available;
- The book drop is preferred for returning materials;
Assistance continues to be available by calling the library, using Email a Librarian and website chat. The library also continues to increase its offering of virtual programs through Zoom and will be adding some outdoor programs. Stay updated on changes to library services through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and via www.aacpl.net.