The Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services and its Office of Veterans and Military Families will host a Veterans Resource Fair on Tuesday, April 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Ellicott City 50+ Center, 9401 Frederick Road, Ellicott City. While geared toward veterans living in Howard County, all veterans and their families (active, guard, reserve and dependents) are invited to attend. Admission is free.
The fair will offer attendees the opportunity to talk face-to-face with more than 42 businesses, organizations and nonprofits dedicated to providing services, support and jobs to veterans. Representatives from the following organizations will be on hand.
- Maryland Department of Veteran Affairs Veteran Benefits Specialist
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Hiring Our Heroes\
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Howard County
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Mobile Vet Van
- Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, Maryland’s Commitment to Veterans
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations, One Stop Career Centers
- Howard County Office on Aging and Independence
- Maryland Legal Aid Bureau
- Heroes on the Water
- Neighbor Ride
- Serving Together
- American Legion Post 156, VFW 7472 and Marine Corps League
- Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program
- Howard County Commission on Veterans and Military Families
- Local employers hiring veterans
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will offer on-the-spot eBenefits registration and claim status, and the Library of Congress (LOC) will be on-site to conduct interviews for the Veterans History Project. If you know a veteran who has a story to tell, contact the LOC at 202-707-1819 or [email protected] to set up an appointment.
Volunteers interested in conducting the interviews are encouraged to contact the LOC as well.
For more information about the Resource Fair or the Office of Veterans and Military Families, contact Lisa Terry at 410-313-0821 (voice/relay).