The Association of Community Services of Howard County (ACS) presented the 42nd Annual Audrey Robbins Humanitarian Awards on Friday, April 29, at the Ten Oaks Ballroom, in Clarksville. The awards honor volunteers and employees in Howard County for their service to the community.
This year’s honorees are the following.
- Becky Mangus, Volunteer of the Year. Mangus, publisher of The Business Monthly, will be recognized for her exceptional and long-standing commitment to nonprofit leadership in Howard County.
- Special Olympics Howard County, Volunteer Team of the Year. For more than 20 years, Special Olympics Howard County has provided a volunteer-run sports training and competition program for Howard County children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Pamela Grady, Employee of the Year. For more than 20 years, Grady has served as executive director of Voices for Children, which recruits and trains Court-Appointed Special Advocates for abused and neglected children in Howard County.
- Therapeutic and Recreational Riding Center, Employee Team of the Year. Founded in 1983, the Therapeutic and Recreational Riding Center is an accredited therapeutic and hippotherapy program that provides physical and occupational therapy services to children and adults with a wide range of physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
- Jean Moon & Associates, Business of the Year. Jean Moon & Associates is recognized for the organization’s long record of nurturing philanthropy and volunteer service in Howard County. One way JMA has done this is by creating, promoting and running innovative fundraising events.
- Donna Wells, Legacy Award. Wells, retiring executive director of the Howard County Mental Health Authority, will be honored for her 18 years of service that has made lasting and far-reaching contributions to the behavioral health of countless numbers of Howard County citizens.
“The Audrey Robbins Humanitarian Awards is not only a celebration of the selected honorees each year,” said Joan Driessen, executive director of Association of Community Services of Howard County, which presents the awards, “but also a celebration of the amazing work done by nonprofits and our valued partners in service to the citizens of Howard County.”