The Howard County Economic Development Authority (HCEDA) has published the Minority Business Directory for local, minority-owned businesses. This resource was created to help support county minority businesses by providing an easy, centralized way to locate local, small, minority concerns that provide a wide variety of professional services.
The directory is an initiative of HCEDA’s Racial Equity and Inclusion Committee, which was formed in April 2020 during a sensitive time period following major world events surrounding racial injustice and the unprecedented closure of businesses across the nation due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the creation of the committee, HCEDA has implemented several new strategies to engage local minority businesses:
- Expand minority business contacts and outreach
- Host quarterly minority business organization roundtables
- Launched Business Revitalization Initiative Through Entrepreneurship (BRITE) Program
- Host VLT Information Sessions
- Howard County Minority Business Directory
For more information, contact [email protected].